We’ve officially crossed into unfamiliar territory friends. Minecraft Java Edition 1.14.3 Pre-Release 1 has been released for early testers to try out, which marks the first time in 3 years and 4 major versions that Minecraft has had higher than a .2 release (the last time this happened was 1.9.4 on May 10th, 2016).
This Pre-Release brings with it a number of minor quality of life changes and bug fixes, though none quite as critical as what we saw in 1.14.2. CraftBukkit, Spigot, and other server variants have not yet been updated to start testing this release (that typically happens when the final version is shipped, so we have time to wait), but if you run Vanilla MC then you can get your hands on this to try out now at the button below.
We’re gonna guess that there will be one or two more Pre-Releases of 1.14.3 before the final version arrives.
Some Notable Changes/Fixes:
Here are a few of the points in the changelog that caught out attention the most, though there are plenty more if you’d like to look through the full list.
- Villagers that are panicking now have a bigger chance of spawning Iron Golems
- MC-74407 – Villager inventories can get into a state where villagers cannot do anything useful
- MC-151185 – Game crash after breaking villager point of interest
- MC-151337 – Mob spawn rate too high
- MC-151395 – Farmers create Bread ONLY when they pick up at least 3 wheat AT ONCE
- MC-151995 – Patrol Leaders spawning without banner
It’s great to see the Mojang team is working hard on these bug fixes. With the major fixes coming through in 1.14.2 recently, the Village and Pillage update seems to be heading swiftly towards stability. We’ll keep our fingers crossed for continued improvement to server-side performance.
Don’t forget to report any bugs you run into on Mojang’s bug tracker, or send the team your ideas for future updates on the Official Minecraft Feedback Site. As we can see by this update, every tip sent to Mojang can help make the game better for all of us.